Wednesday, August 6, 2008

NanaJane's Easy Banana Pudding Pie

I remember my mother making this dessert in the summer. She let me help with it, and by the time I was about eight years old, I could make it all by myself. It's that easy. Now, I let my kids make it, too. It's a fun, cool treat for a hot summer evening.

Ingredients:

16-20 Honey Graham Crackers
1 package instant banana pudding
1 package instant vanilla pudding
3-4 ripe bananas
4 cups cold milk
1 cup whipping cream
1 tbs sugar

Break graham crackers into small rectangles. Peel and slice bananas. In an ungreased 9x13 pan, lay graham crackers in a single layer. Top with a single layer of banana slices. Whisk together banana pudding and 2 cups cold milk for 5-7 minutes, or until soft-set. Pour gently over graham crackers and bananas, being careful not to disturb layers. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Remove the pan from the refrigerator and place another layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding. Top with another layer of banana slices. Prepare vanilla pudding the same way you did the banana pudding. Pour gently on top and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, whip cream and sugar to stiff peaks. Serve in squares, topped with sweetened whipped cream.

Enjoy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: