Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cucumber Dill Salad

My friend Trish and I made this salad all the time when we lived overseas in Moscow. I used to buy fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and dill from a wonderful toothless old woman at a kiosk around the corner from my apartment. I make this every summer as the dill is ripening in my herb garden -- it brings back good memories.

Ingredients:

1 large, fresh cucumber
2 roma tomatoes
2 tbs. fresh dill, chopped
3 tbs. white vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sour cream

Peel the cucumber and slice into 1/4 inch slices. Seed and dice the tomatoes. Toss lightly with chopped dill. In separate bowl, mix together vinegar, salt, and sour cream. Whisk until smooth. Pour over vegetables and dill. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, to blend the flavors. Serve cold.

Enjoy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: